I adore my slow cooker. It allows me to prepare supper when my kids are being good and I actually have time for it rather than in crazy afternoons.
This recipe needs 20 minutes prep, cooks in slow cooker and you end up with the most delicious Salisbury steak and gravy. Whip up some potatoes and your dinner is served.
For the patties
1 lb Friend Of The Farm Extra Lean Ground Beef
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 Italian bread crumbs
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2tsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp cooking oil - for browning the patties
Salt & Pepper to taste
For the gravy
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet brown gravy mixture
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 white onion - sliced
2 cups mushrooms - sliced
1.In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the patties. Mix together until full combined. Form the meat into 6 patties and set aside.
2. In a different bowl mix together all the ingredients for the gravy. Mix until smooth and set aside.
3. Heat up a large skillet over medium high temperature. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once it's hot add your patties and brown on both sides(no need to fully cook).
4. Slice up your onion and mushrooms.
5. Add half of the mushrooms and onions to the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the patties on the top. Add the remaining mushrooms and onions on top and pour over gravy mixture.
6. Cover and cook on LOW for 5h without opening the lid during cooking.
7.Serve with mashed potatoes and Enjoy!