It is an often misconception that all you do with a roast is put it in a slow cooker with a few veggies and call it good.
Roast is actually so versatile and cost effective. There are so many amazing recipes for roasts and I bring you one today.
I usually cut up a whole roast into bite size pieces and divide it into few portions. I freeze whatever I won't use right away and it makes next meal that much easier.
Even though this is an Instant Pot recipe you can definitely make it in a regular frying pan. However, being cooked under pressure makes the roast melt in your mouth so If you have an Instant Pot use it.
1 1/2 lbs Friend Of The Farm Round Roast
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup beef broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1lbs broccoli florets
3 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp cornstarch
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cooked rice for serving
Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
1. Season the beef with salt and pepper to taste. Turn Instant Pot to sauté mode and add olive oil. Brown the meat (don't crowd the pot, do it in batches).
Remove from the Instant Pot and set aside.
2. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
3. Add in beef broth and deglaze the pot! Do not skip this step because otherwise you are risking the "Burn" error. Deglazing just means you add in the liquid and scrape anything that stuck to the bottom of the pot.
4. Stir in soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil & red pepper flakes stirring until brow sugar is dissolved.
5. Add the browned beef and any accumulated juices. Lock the lid in place. Make sure the pressure valve is closed and follow all of the Instant Pot instructions.
Select High pressure and set the cook time for 12 minutes.
6. While the beef is cooking steam your broccoli.
7. When the cook time is up, turn the Instant pot off. Use the quick release to release all the pressure.
8. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Select sauté mode and stir until well combined. Keep cooking until it boils and thickens.
9. Serve over cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
Let me know how you like this recipe Farm Friends!