Ginger beef is without a doubt our takeout favorite. But having our own beef it doesn't make sense to order from someone else. So I made it my mission to recreate a bunch of our takeout favorites and make my own version. And let me tell you, once you had this homemade Ginger Beef takeout just wont do it anymore.
Whenever I make this I double the recipe because it never lasts long in our house.
1lb round roast, cut up in thin strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
2tsp ginger, grated
1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2tsp red pepper flakes
6 Tbsp cooking oil
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Cut up the round roast in thin strips, as thin as possible. It always helps if the roast is not completely defrosted when cutting it.
FOTF Round Roast usually weighs around 3-4lbs so you will have more than you need. I either make a huge batch and or freeze it for next time.
2. Add 1Tbsp soy sauce, steak, and cornstarch into a large bowl and toss to cover. Arrange the meat onto a cooking sheet in a single layer and put in freezer for about 40 minutes. This will help dry up the meat and give it that nice and crispy flavor we want.
3. To a jar add garlic, ginger, lemon juice, remaining 2 Tbsp soy sauce, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, sesame oil and brown sugar. Close tightly and shake to combine.
4. To a non stick skillet add the oil and brown the frozen beef. Don't overcrowd the pan. I usually do it in 3 batches so it can get really nice and crispy. Set aside.
5. Add your dressing mix and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes. Add the beef and stir to coat.
6. Serve with rice and steamed veggies.
There it is friends. My Ginger Beef recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Let me know how you like it!