What’s the 1st thing that comes to your mind when you hear “Chili”?
Rainy days, getting all cozy under a fluffy blanket, the smell of freshly baked buns and a nice bowl of chili to warm up
I prefer using an instant pot for this recipe, but it can definitely be cooked on the stove.
So start defrosting ground beef because tonight we are making chili!
1 lb Friend of the Farm Extra Lean Ground Beef
6 strips good quality Bacon
1 can Black beans
1 can Kidney beans
1 can Pinto beans
1 can Fire roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
2 cups Beef stock
1 bell pepper
1 red onion
1Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1tsp black pepper
2Tbsp Chili powder
1tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp salt
*optional 1 diced jalapeno
1. Turn the instant pot to sauté and cook bacon. Set aside
2. Add chopped onions and peppers and cook until tender.
3. Add FOTF Ground beef and cook until browned.
4. Add beef broth and deglaze bottom of the instant pot to avoid the "BURN" error.
5. Add all the ingredients except diced tomatoes and stir well.
Add tomatoes on top and do not stir again. If stirred tomatoes seem to stick to the bottom causing the "BURN" error. So just leave them on top and stir when everything is cooked.
6. Turn the instant pot to "chili" (if you don't have that setting put it on manual high pressure) and cook for 18minutes.
Natural release for 15 minutes and quick release the remaining pressure.
Serve with freshly baked buns, sour cream, cheese and cilantro
Follow all of the instructions above and cook in a large pot for 45min-1h to combine all the flavors.