Pizza is without a doubt definition of comfort food. Top it with our delicious Extra Lean Ground Beef, sautéed onions, mushrooms and cheese and you will never settle for takeout again!
Like any good pizza you got to start with homemade crust.
You will need
1 1/4 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
3 cups flour
1 Tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
*this will make 3 crusts
Mix water, yeast and sugar and let sit for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
Mix in flour, oil, salt & yeast mixture until well combined. You can do it by hand or use Kitchen Aid.
Form into a ball, cover and let rise at room temperature until doubled.
Divide into 3 equal balls and let rise for additional 30 minutes.
Prepare your toppings while you wait.
1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
Pizza sauce to taste
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2 tsp oregano
Salt & pepper
1. Start by browning Ground Beef as you normally would. Make sure you season it with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Cut up onion and sauté until translucent. Set aside.
3. Wash and cut your mushrooms. Set aside.
4. Shred cheese. Set aside.
1. Stretch out pizza dough to desired size.
2. Top with pizza sauce, ground beef, onions, cheese, mushrooms and sprinkle with oregano.
3. Bake in pizza maker until bottom is golden brown or in the oven at 475F until crust is browned about 10-15 min.